Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Today I Want to Wish You All a Merry Christmas!




How was your Christmas?  I hope it was wonderful! 

Ours was positively magical.  I have really seen a lot of love and goodwill towards and from mankind this holiday season.  And that has truly made it a beautiful Christmastime for our family.  

 (my sweet babies, at church, in their christmas dresses.*)

Today I have had a touch of stomach buggy-ness.  I hope it stops with me.  But it didn't get me down! (ok, a laid down more than a couple time for 5-10 mintues, here and there)  Oh no!  We got up around 7:30 and went downstairs.  The girls were so excited, they went back and forth between their stockings from Santa and their presents under the tree.  I love how they still want to take it all in and not rush through everything.  


(being silly)

Tony made breakfast but I was feeling too yucky to enjoy it.  He was a total rock star and joined me in making an awesome Christmas dinner that took us a long time to prepare.  We had pepper pot stew (with chicken, not tripe), garlic chicken, root beer (that I jazzed up with cinnamon sticks, cloves and vanilla), ginger ale, grapes, cheesy celery and pickles.  Totally forgot to make the mashed potatoes and put the olives out!  Oh well.  We've still got lots of leftovers!  Yay!

We also had some friends over for dessert.  I made a triple chocolate cake and they brought Oreo caramel cheesecake (sooooo amazing) and a yummy chex mix.  

I'm ready for a vacation now!  Haha!  A girl can wish, right?

*Something I thought was funny about these dresses: they are all Ash's! Ash is wearing her same Christmas dress from last year in 2011. Britt is wearing Ash's Christmas dress from 2010. And Elle is wearing a dress I bought for Ash for the Christmas of 2009 that never got used (I bought her 3 Christmas dresses that year). Worked out perfectly!

 Ok.  Now I've gotta announce the giveaway winner (a day late).

 (sorry that it's so small)

Saimi!  You won!  Pick out a magazine from my list and I'll contact you or you can get a hold of me.  Whomever gets to it first.  :)


Merry Christmas everyone!!!  How did you celebrate today?



7 comments:

Eat To Live said...

The girls get more adoreable each time I see them.

How great you can use Ash's dresses over again.... well one of them is not over.

Hope you are feeling better!!

mun said...

Glad to hear that you and your family had a jolly merry christmas. And you did not let your stomach bug spoil christmas for you.

You really are a green warrior for reusing Ash's dresses for all your girls and they all look so adorable and lovely in their dresses.

Amy said...

Merry Christmas! So glad you had such a wonderful day. Ours was wonderful too! The girls look fabulous. :)

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. Lots of stomach bugs going around. My daughter had it last week.

An Apel a Day said...

Your girls looks great! Merry Christmas!

I hope you are feeling better. It seems like every major holiday someone in my house is sick to.

This year Mica had to be taken to the Urgent Care on Christmas Eve day because he had a bad ear infection. Isaak and I had a cold. My aunt and uncle canceled Christmas with my mom's side because they were throwing up all night. Even though all that happened it was a great holiday. We all had fun!

Faith said...

They are so, so adorable! Love the dresses and love it even more that they were all Ash's.

I hope that you're feeling better!

Glad that you had a good Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Your girls look so adorable. Your Christmas sounds so fun and tasty. We stayed home and my mom came down with food already cooked.