Monday, February 4, 2013

Today I Ate Pears with Cinnamon-Cashew Sauce.

Just wanted to quickly share the yummy, healthy snack I made for the girls and myself. 



We used pears, but any orchard fruit would probably be yummy with this dipping sauce. 

Cinnamon-Cashew Sauce

Soak 1/2 cup raw cashews in 1/2 cup warm water for 30-60 minutes.  Dump everything into a blender with 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, 2 tsp honey, and couple pinches of coarse salt.  Blend until smooth.  You can put it into the fridge, in an airtight container for up to 7 days. 

I was very dubious about this tasting good, but it really is!

I'm looking for other scrumptious, healthy snack ideas.  So, fill me in if you've got some.  They can't be too weird or my kids won't eat them.  ;P


Adapted from a recipe found in Whole Living.


5 comments:

mun said...

I always eat fruits as they are, without any dipping sauce. Maybe I'll try this.

My usual snack:

Red, yellow, orange, green bell peppers (capsicums) sliced and eaten raw with olive oil.

I believe children will find the above snack bland.

Rachel said...

I have been craving pears like crazy, lately! This sounds soooo yummy!!!!

Amy said...

That sounds delicious. I've never try that and you're making craving for some pear and cashew sauce. :)

Faith said...

That sounds really good!!

I'm really boring when it comes to eating fruits. Besides whipped cream and melted chocolate I eat it plain and I'm sure you don't want your girls eating fruit with whipped cream and melted chocolate.

An Apel a Day said...

I'm always in search for good, semi healthy snacks. Mica's ALWAYS hungry!