Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Today I Did Valentine-y Activities.

Yesterday one of my friends texted me, asking for a play date.  :)  This means we get our kids together to play while we gab our jaws off at each other.  It's fun.  Except the part where we have to keep our 2 year olds from maiming each other.  Hoping the social skills and getting along come soon...

We thought it would be fun to plan a couple Valentine themed activities for our girls (she has 2).   So, I made sugar cookies and she made frosting.  I supplied the sprinkles (because I hoard them).  And she also brought a bunch of pretty paper strips and showed us how to make a super cute, easy hearts garland.  I found a tutorial here, if you're interested. 

(britt)
 
(ash)
 
 
(elle.  haha!  she's got cookie stuck in her nose and teeth!)
 
 
(the girls helped me make this)
 
 
 
Have you done anything fun and valentine-y lately? 
 
 

 



6 comments:

Liz Mays said...

Your heart garland turned out super cute, but not as cute as your helpers!

An Apel a Day said...

Looks like fun! It's good you can have a play date + you like the mom. It looks like they really loved your cookies!

We did a few things. I blogged about them. If you want to see our Valentines stuff go check it out.

Saimi said...

Ah your darling pictures bring back so many memories for me. I miss those days!! I love the garland!

MommyMert said...

Love those babies faces. They really are so sweet. Helped in both kids classes today. WhewEE I am tired.

Eat To Live said...

The cookies look yummy.... Love the garland you did.

Those girls get cuter every time I see them

mun said...

Britt looks so demure in the photo in her red dress. How nice to have valentine-y activities. When I was young, all I do during valentine's day is making valentine cards for loved ones, never made cookies nor garland for valentine before.