Friday, April 1, 2011

Today I Figured Out Why Moms Can't EVER Be Sick.

Whatever Hubster had, all three of us girls now have.  Fever, sore throat, ear aches, painful muscles, lack of appetite, and Ash has the cough.  I must have gotten a prompting or something because yesterday, around noon-ish, I spontaneously decided to look at my tonsils in the mirror.  I had a lot of terrible strep throat infections as a kid and wanted to check for white patches. 

Yikes!  Sure enough, they were there!  I called the family doctor right away and we got in to see her 30 minutes after our call back.  Tender mercies. 

Based on how Ash and I look, Dr. Michelle is pretty sure it's strep.  She took a culture from my tonsils, so we can be 100% sure.  But in the mean time we're all on antibiotics.  BLEH.  Ash's first time.  Double Bleh.  I haven't had much luck with antibiotics as an adult and Britt's first encounter left something to be desired.

Meanwhile, it has been a huge fight to get liquids down these kids, especially Ash.  She has a worse case than Britt and me.  Yesterday, I could not get any liquids down her.  She didn't drink for over 24 hours.  I went to the store and got Pedialyte and popsicles, but that was after she had gone to bed.  To say that I was really worried is an understatement.  Around 10pm last night I pulled her out of bed and checked her temp.  It was over 103!  Tony and Dad gave her a blessing and after that she asked to take off her pjs and drank a 9 ounces of Pedialyte.  **thankful** 

I feel terrible and just want to lay in bed and sleep and watch movies all day, but nope!  I'm not complaining.  I'd take care of my babies and be sick for a month (or longer) to keep them.  But, le sigh.  Mommies just can't ever be sick.  You don't even want to know what my house looks like at this moment.  **grimace**

Well, at least it is General Conference this weekend and we can watch church from the comfort of our sofa!  And we are doing better today than yesterday. The girls are both drinking and eating more.  Hallelujah!


11 comments:

Charlotte (Life's a Charm!) said...

Everyone is getting sick these days! What's in the air?
Ash must be feeling so bad, and temp that high - it's really important to be hydrated. I'm glad you got some fluids to her system.
You are so right, mommies can't get sick! So I always tell hubby to stay away from me, when he is not feeling too good or if some kind of sickness are going around with the cadets in school. We moms can't afford to be sick. But when we are sick, it's like we are not because we still have to do everything. Big Sigh!
I hope all of you will get better soon.

Charmaine Poulin said...

Boo!!! Hope you all feel better soon!!!

MommyMert said...

Oh Sweet friend of mine... :( I am so sorry you guys are sick. Its a bitter sweet when I get sick.. I sometimes wish I could be sick so my kids wouldnt have to, but than... I dont get to rest, so its kind of worse. Does that make sense? Lots of chicken noodle, popsicle, and movie thoughts to you.

Saimi said...

Man I'm hearing ya! I remember when my boys were little and I had the flu or something. Anyway I had my head in the toilet throwing up and my 4 year old came into the bathroom to show me a picture he had colored.

"Mommy wook and this pitchur I colwored."

Not right now honey, barf, barf, I will in a minute...

Oh the joy!

Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Oh so sorry to hear. I hope you all get better soon. Rest up.

Amy said...

Ugh, so sorry! Hope this stuff clears up really soon.
Thank you for sharing the story about giving Ash a blessing. The power of the priesthood is absolutely amazing!

An Apel a Day said...

Been there! I'm so glad you're feeling better day by day!

My boy's like what I call, "JELLO juice". I just make JELLO, but I don't let it set up. I pour it in glasses with crushed ice. They love it when they are sick. I usually only make it once. Just another way to get liquids down.

Redbabe said...

Am sorry to read that everyone is sick. Hope all get well soon. :(

Vicky said...

Hope everyone is feeling better soon... including you. xx.

Kimberly said...

Being sick while your child(ren) is sick just plain stinks. Sorry to learn that you are so ill. Hoping the whole family feels better soon!

Myrnie said...

Oh no!! It's so scary when they won't drink :(