Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Today I Got a Phone Call from Our Family Doctor.

Brittan tested positive for pertussis/whooping cough. 

**stunned**

And Ash and Elle have started coughing (not in fits though).  So now all three girls are on antibiotics and I've got my fingers crossed that we have mild cases.  And even though I got my booster two weeks ago, I'm afraid I've got it too.  I've got a sore throat and a cough.  So, I'm going to take Ash and Elle in for testing tomorrow and will ask to be tested too. 

On a more happy note, we kept Elle up as much as possible yesterday and I drank some chamomile tea a couple hours before bed and Elle slept through the night (with a handful of midnight snacks)!  Britt and Ash did NOT sleep through the night, but Tony was a rock star and got up to help them every time they cried.  Thank you for all your sweet comments.  It's nice to know that I am not alone in this at all.  It's also amazing how much more energy I have now that I'm rested.

Do you remember this post from last year?  If you don't, or need a reminder click over and take a peek.  It'll help the first picture make sense.  :)


This is what I found when I walked into the girls' room this morning. 

book bed take 2
(book swimming round 2!  and almost a full year later.  that's every single book from their shelves.  again, ash's handiwork.)




ellis asleep
(prayers for elle please!  pertussis isn't really a concern unless you're pregnant or under a year, like my sweet baby elle.)



15 comments:

Emily Peck said...

oh dear, this is not good! hoping it doesn't develop into full blown whooping cough for all of you! i think i remember getting a shot for that? i can't remember. :\

tattytiara said...

Ooh poor sweet little girl - I hope everybody's feeling better quickly! I mean wow, whooping cough. You hear that and you picture homesteaders.

MommyMert said...

What an angel. :) So beautiful! Huzzah for sleep. Huzzah for Tony.

SZM said...

Okay, just said a prayer for Elle!

Faith said...

i am so sorry that the girls were diagnosed with whopping cough. that stinks.

praying for Elle right now. it makes me sad that she isn't feeling her best.

and too funny! can't believe she did it again :)

Amy said...

I will pray for her!!
So scary, I'm so sorry she's sick!!

mun said...

Will pray for Elle.

Ash looks so pretty in the photo despite having just woke up.

mun said...

Oh, I mean Brit looks so pretty in the photo. Super like her natural pose.

Anonymous said...

We will keep you guys in our prayers. Hugs to your family. Glad to hear that Tony is OK and hope you all feel better soon! Let us know if you need anything. :)

Eat To Live said...

Oh no!! Whooping cough. My cousin had it when I was little and he just coughed so much that he would end up so weak. I am sure they must have better drugs for it today, at least I would hope so.

Saimi said...

That's what I call a book worm! Here's hoping little Elle won't get the cough, ah! that would be so terrible!

Hope everyone gets better soon!!!

Charmaine Poulin said...

Oh gosh....I hope you're all well soon!!! Prayers from Alberta!!!

Anonymous said...

Your girls are too cute. Hope you all get better soon. And we are here for you whenever you need us. Prayers for the girls.

Charlotte (Life's a Charm!) said...

That's bad news from the doctor. I am stunned, too. I hope and pray you all get better soon.

An Apel a Day said...

I'm thinking of you and your girls! How scary!!! I don't like when babies get sick! Especially with serious things!!!