Thursday, April 28, 2011

Today I Worked On the Drop 10 Challenge.

When I was younger, I always started the yearly Self Challenge which Self Magazine has to gear everyone up for swimsuit season.  Like how I said started?

Yeah.

I never finished.  Hehe.  Fast forward 5 years and here I am now.  Two babies earned and a body to prove it.  My belly and upper arms have definitely seen more toned days!  I decided earlier this week to do The Challenge again.  I'm hoping to actually see it to the end this time.  **fingers crossed*

I will confess, I am not doing the diet part.  I do NOT counting calories.  I've tried that time and time again and just get bogged down by the whole thing.  I'm working on writing down what I eat and using the Challenge's meal ideas for more healthy eating.  I could probably do better at drinking more water too.

Today I did the Interval Workout and boy! did it kick mah boot-tay.  It was HARD work!  But even though each of my limbs feels like wiggly, jiggly, boneless Jello, I am just so happy I did it.  Hopefully I can make a habit out of working out every day.  The workout part of the program requires doing 3 of their workouts (like today) and then burning 700 calories however I like the rest of the week.  They have a huge list of activities, that I don't really think of as exercise, which I can use to help make those 700 cals add up quick.  Things like eating, sleeping, vacuuming, shopping, and folding laundry (WOOHOO!!!!).

It only takes 27 days of doing something for it to become habit, right?  

4 comments:

Myrnie said...

Go you !!!

Charmaine Poulin said...

27 days to become a habit....I seriously need to start day 1 (I tried to go sugar free as of yesterday & realized as I was eating a sugary cookie after supper that I just cheated). Ooops! Good luck! I'm trying to get my act together too!

Stephanie Faris said...

I keep working out and working out but I'm not dropping 10. I think I'm gonna have to stop shoving bad foods into my mouth!

Amy said...

Hooray! I think we all are trying to lose the gut. My arms are chunky too. Trying on swimsuits is depressing