Monday, April 25, 2011

Today I Finished the Hunger Games Trilogy.

I am so happy this series ended well.  My thoughts on the first book still stand.  These books are deeply disturbing.  They touch on the fralities of government and leadership as well as man's inhumanity to man.  But they also speak of hope, faith, and the will to live freely and fight for that freedom.  I think I liked them.  I do like the way Suzanne Collins wrote her books.  Fast-paced, alive, and descriptive.  It's amazing I even wrote that last word.  I am not one for details.  I usual skim over them to get to the good parts.  But the details and descriptions are actually interesting in the Hunger Games trilogy!  **semi-shocked**  I think I hung on just about every word.  I also liked how there were many twists and turns that I didn't see coming.  Except for one.  That last arrow she shot?  Totally saw it coming.  That being said, these books are nowhere near my favorite.  Too gladiator, too gory, and too disturbing. 

Now.  On to the giveaway winner.  **drum roll**  And the winner is......

Jenny!  She said, "Ooo pick me! I love fabric shavers, I learned about their wonders when I worked at the dry cleaner...I have yet to buy one though :)" 

Hi Jenny!  How are you?  Sorry I don't have a cute little pic of Ash holding up the little winning paper with your name on it.  I didn't think about it until after she went to bed.  :)

For those of you who don't know, Jenny and I know each other in real life.  We both served missions for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Houston, Texas several years ago.  So did my husband.  Jenny knows my husband better than she knows me because both she and Tony were in the Spanish speaking program (lucky ducks).  If I hunt around in my picture boxes I could probably find a picture that the both of us are in.  But, I'm too lazy.  Haha.

So, yay!  Congrats!  And thanks to everyone else for playing.  Wish I could afford to send a fabric shaver to all 16 of you.  They are seriously that good.  :D

3 comments:

Saimi said...

I really dove into the Hunger Games and loved the first two books..I had a hard time getting into the last one. It took me forever to finish. Anyway congrats to Jenny!!!

Jenny said...

Yey! Thanks Jamie! :)

Redbabe said...

Congrats Jenny (though i still wish it was me.). lols...