Friday, May 27, 2011

Today I Went To A 25 Cent Sale.

And it was cut-throat man!  People lined up waiting for the doors to open (this sale only happens on the last weekend of each month at a consignment store in Tacoma).  There were women and their kids with huge garbage bags and as soon as they were let in, everyone started cramming their bags as full and as fast as they could!  It was a zoo.  And a lot more fun once all the frantic people left or calmed down.  Everything was 25 cents.  Even the baby gear.  I wasn't there early enough to get anything besides clothes.  I wish I'd thought to take a picture of  the mountains upon mountains of stuff!  It was insane.  I had Britt in the Ergo most of the time.  I promised Ash chicken nuggets if she was good.  And she was!  She entertained herself in the stroller for the HOURS that we were there.  My kid is a freakin' angel!  To say that sorting through piles of clothes is hard work is an understatement.  I'm exhausted.  It was worth it though.  We got some cuuuuute stuff!  TOTALLY goin' again next month!  So grateful to my sister-in-law for inviting me to go with her!  Sorry for the lack of pic.  But like I said....tired

6 comments:

Myrnie said...

Sounds crazy!! Oh, I checked my blog settings and I don't have captcha turned on, so I am confused!!

Redbabe said...

wow.....25cent????! I would go mad too cramping everything. I probably would buy the half the stall if not whole. :p hahahahaha.... so, what's your loot? show us... :)

Faith said...

how awesome! i would LOVE to go to a 25 cent sale! i wonder if we have them around where I live! Sounds like black Friday, lol.

Amy said...

Wow!! 25 cent sale?? I think I'd throw armfuls of stuff into my cart and look through it later!

Awesome.

Savers is having a 50% off sale on Monday. I wanna go. Kinda scared.

Charlotte (Life's a Charm!) said...

I have never gone to a sale since I came here in the US 3 years ago! I am just so scared because of all the stories I've heard about people being so rude and nasty on big sales. I don't mind thrift stores but usually too picky to find things I like.

I'm glad that you had a kick out of this 25-cents sale; and that your babies let you have your fun! It's mommy's turn to have fun and they let you.

An Apel a Day said...

Sounds like a fun, cheap time!