Monday, June 28, 2010

Today I Wrote To My Brothers

I have two brothers serving missions for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  Jacob is in Concepcion, Chile and Daniel is in New York City, New York (south).  I wrote them each a letter and emailed it to them.  Just giving them little updates on how our family is doing.  Letting them know that I haven't forgotten about them. 

Jacob will be finishing up and coming home this December.  Daniel just got to New York a couple of weeks ago.  I served my mission in Houston, Texas over three years ago and I still miss it sometimes.  I'm so happy that my brothers are getting a chance to go away, forget their own wants and focus on what God wants, which is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of each of his children here on this earth.  I know that it isn't a cakewalk to be on a mission.  Sometimes it's REALLY hard and not fun.  Sometimes it feels like it's pointless and a big waste of time.  But, that's how everything hard and worthwhile feels at some point.  It's not supposed to be easy.  But, if endured well, it is worth it. 

On my mission, I met a lot of people who have a piece of my heart.  I learned a lot about communication, about myself, and about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I had so much joy while teaching others about God's plan of happiness and I know that I made a difference.  **smile**  I also met my husband out there.  **double smile**

Jacob and Daniel are such amazing guys.  I love their sweet spirits and the example they have been setting for most of their lives.  I hope and pray that they will be protected, they they will be guided to those that need them most, and that they will feel peace and happiness with the sacrifice and service they are giving at this point in their lives.


Jacob with a Chilean friend.



Daniel with his trainer (who is from Sierra Leone, though his parents immigrated to the US when he was young).

No comments: