Thursday, October 20, 2011

Today I Discussed Frankenstein.

We had our book club tonight.  I think the general consensus was that Frankenstein was an idiot, despite all his knowledge and learning.  I enjoyed reading the book simply because of the rich vocabulary and it was a very different story.  Unlike anything I've ever read.  I'm not going to go into detail because I don't want to spoil it for those of you who have yet to read about Frankenstein and his monster.  I will say that I couldn't, at any point in the book, sympathize with the monster.  He's awful.

I did all the snacks for our meeting.  Here they are.  Since Frankenstein used actual body parts from dead people, I went with that, though gross and disgusting.


(cupcake brains.  would have looked better if the cupcakes were larger and rounder on top.)


(alfredo intestines.)


(bone biscuits.)


(toes aka lil smokies wrapped in tortilla strips with mustard and ketchup nails.)


Have you read Frankenstein?  If so, what did you think?

8 comments:

Vicky said...

Very cool food. Love the bone biscuits, they are so convincing.

KBoo said...

I felt sooooooo bad for the monster! I sympathized with him much more than Franenstein, that's for sure. Also a very depressing book all around, I think.

Amy said...

Delightfully disgusting treats! How fun!!!

I did smoky rootbeer, pumpkin pasties, and cockroach clusters. The turnout of bookclub this month wasn't huge so I had lots of leftovers. Not complaining. Those pasties were so addicting.

I think Frankenstein was weak. Weak and selfish. He couldn't see anyone's suffering but his own. And when he had the chance to make things right, he either chickened out or went crazy.
The book was NOTHING like I expected it ("It's alive!!" and all that). But it was an interesting book and I'm glad I read it.

mun said...

I've read Frankenstein and I feel sorry for the "man" Frankenstein created because it was not his fault that he existed. It was Frankenstein's fault. I don't think I would dare to eat your snacks. They really look like body parts - yucks! But I am sure they taste yummy though. :)

An Apel a Day said...

Those snacks are perfect for such an event!

Milk and Honey Mommy said...

I have never read the book Frankenstein, but have seen pieces of several movies that had him as a character.

Your food ideas are so creative and I think the brains on the cupcakes were fine. I'm sure people were just happy to eat yummy cupcakes. Ah, I was fine w/the noodles until you said they were supposed to be intestines. Although I'm sure they were good, I think I might have passed.

Faith said...

wow, the food looks so cool! i would be freaked out to eat it but how appropriate! :)

Faith said...

p.s. i've never read Frankenstein.