Monday, December 19, 2011

Today I Finished My Angel.

I've had this tree topper in the works for a couple of weeks now.  I ordered some letters to spell out "Joy to the World" and then waited a couple days for them to arrive.  I was really bummed when I realized that the words were too big (or my angel too small). 

When I'm irritated with how a project is turning out, I either dump it or ignore it for a while.  I finished the previously ignored angel tree topper after the girls went to bed tonight.  Ash is going to be so excited when she gets up tomorrow and sees it sitting on top of our Christmas tree.  :)  All in all, I am pleased with how this endeavor turned out. 

9 comments:

MommyMert said...

Look at you being all Christmas crafty. :) My kids complain every year there is no star or angel on ours. Oh well... Hope you are feeling ok and not doing too much. Rub that belly for me. :)

An Apel a Day said...

That's fun! I bet your girls will love it! I know I loved ours when I was younger. You did a good job to.

My mom mentioned to me last week, "I have things of all my grandchildren except for Isaak." I've been going all over the place in my mind as to what to make for them from him. I gave ornaments that had Mica in them. I was thinking of doing that. But...I really like these:

http://www.jollymom.com/2009/12/homemade-winter-and-christmas-scenes-or.html

http://www.nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/2011/12/snow-globes.html

I was thinking of mixing the 2 together: Spraying the inside of the jar with white paint and a tooth brush, printing out Isaak and mounting him to the bottom and making a snowman with foam balls. Than I just can't figure out how I want it and drop it. Oh and those cute little trees that go inside are kind of expensive. Gee, I just can't decide what to do!

Faith said...

OMG, I just love it! You did such an incredible job! I want to be as crafty as you are!

Amy said...

She's so cute!! The wording turned out good, don't worry.

Eat To Live said...

You did a great job on her. She looks so cute!!

mun said...

What a special hand-made-with-love tree topper! Lovely!

Saimi said...

You should be pleased that angel is darling! I do the same thing too, if I don't like the way a project is going I'll abort. If it's lucky I'll someday finish it.

Good job!

Liz Mays said...

I love her; she's just wonderful! How fun to have her every year from now on.

Rachel said...

That is BEAUTIFUL! I love it!!!