Thursday, December 1, 2011

Today I Did Some Immediate Gratification Baking.

Ash helped.  It's called Hug in a Mug.  Or you could call it 2 minute cake (baking time).  The prep time takes about 5-7 minutes.  If that.  The longest part is the clean-up!  Haha!  Gotta love it.

(why yes, i do looove whip cream.  and?)


So, I found this recipe in an old American Girl magazine.  Next time I'll be adding more cocoa. 

Hug in a Mug

-1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 4 microwavable mugs

Mix the flour, sugar, & cocoa in a bowl.   Add the eggs and stir well.  Add the milk, oil and peppermint.  Stir well again.  Divide the mixture equally among 4 microwave-safe mugs.  Microwave each mug individually for 2 minutes (should be firm).  You can eat right out of the mug or dump into a bowl.  Top with whipped cream or chocolate syrup or whatever else sounds good to you. 

They tasted great!  And, like I said, I'll be trying for a more chocolate-y taste next time.  The only part that took some getting used to was the texture.  They were kinda dense and spongy/rubbery.  I think I'll try orange extract next time too.  Yum!  The girls liked these and it was neat because instead of Ash helping me make something and then completely forgetting about it because they take so long to bake, she was there from start to finish.  Definitely a preschoolers kind of baking project!

(and here it is half eaten so you can sorta see the texture)



8 comments:

An Apel a Day said...

I love that it takes hardly any time at all! Isaak loves to help int he kitchen. Mica's gets a little more distracted.

An Apel a Day said...

Oh...and I take it you found your camera. Hopefully?

Amy said...

You're so cute!

I wanna try this sometime.

Faith said...

wow, that is so awesome! i can't believe how quickly it can be made! sounds like my type of desert! i'll have to try this! :)

Rachel said...

Those sound amazing! Orange chocolate is one of our favorites around here, so we may have to try this tomorrow or for family night on Monday.

Thanks for the recipe! =]

Heidi said...

Totally making these this weekend. Yum!

Eat To Live said...

Oh Yummmmmm this looks so good.

Anonymous said...

yummy