Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Today I Piped a Lot of Frosting on a Cookie House.

Costco is the best.  They have pre-made gingerbread houses with everything you need for only $9.99.  And they weren't even stingy with the candy. 

Gingerbread House
(i admit to not even trying to apply the frosting nicely.  when you've got a 3 year old and a 20 month old doing the decorating, why bother?  but they still turned out cute, i think)

It was perfect for today, after a failed nap time and two semi-grumpy, hyper girls.  Britt did have to go to her room twice for throwing tantrums over not being able to eat the candy.  But, I considered it a minor bump in the road, since it can always be worse, right?  :)  And that's a high expectation for someone who isn't even two years old yet.

Ash Decorating Gingerbread
(this is ash's look of concentration.  she makes it all the time and cracks me up!  and yes, i need to get my girls some paint smocks or something, but for now it's just easier to take their shirts off.)

They really did enjoy decorating the house and tree and I thought they did a fabulous job with very little help from me.  I barely piped fast enough for their speedy candy application. 

Britt Kissing a Gingerbread Boy
(it looks like britt is kissing her gingerbread boy, but i suspect she was just licking the frosting off)

The kit came with a house, a tree and two gingerbread boys.  After they had finished the house and tree, I let them put candy on the boys and then eat the them.  Seemed fair after they were so good about using the candy to decorate instead of eating it all up, like they wanted to.  Hehe.

9 comments:

Faith said...

so cute! i have never done a gingerbread house or man ... i need to get with the program because it looks like a blast to do!

MommyMert said...

I have yet to make a successful gingerbread house, so Huzzah! You are amazing! hehe... I love those babies faces.

Amy said...

It did turn out very cute! Lots of fun. I always thought it'd be cool to take a stab at making a graham cracker or gingerbread castle. Ha! One can dream.

Eat To Live said...

Such a cute picture of Britt licking the icing... Love that name.
Ash has such a look on her face, she is really concentrating isn't she. Very beautiful hair.

An Apel a Day said...

Fun! I think for tots, they look uber cute!

I love Ash's ponytails! Her hair is getting so long and pretty!

Mica makes the same concentration face. He sticks his tongue out like that. Only he looks serious and silly at the same time. He has an asymmetrical tongue. He was born with a cyst under his tongue.

Saimi said...

You're such a good mom, just look at that fun!! I suspect Britt is tasting that yummy frosting too! Who wouldn't!

Christy said...

What the heck?!? Why didn't you invite me? I was like right next door... so sad. :(

Anonymous said...

I love it.

mun said...

Ash had the "Hard at work, don't disturb" look on her face!