Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Today I Started Our Book Advent.

I couldn't start any sooner because our Christmas book collection isn't large enough yet.  But I wrapped them all up and told the girls they could open one tonight and one every night until Christmas.  I think they were a bit confused.  They were more than happy to read the book Ash unwrapped but couldn't figure out why I only let them open one.  Hahah!  I'm sure they catch on eventually. 


(these are the only "presents" under the tree.  the real ones are wrapped.  they are just waiting for me to have a moment to put ribbons and name tags on them, then i'll move them.)


6 comments:

Amy said...

My MIL gives us a Christmas book every year, so I'm way excited to do this one someday!!! Such a great idea. They look so cute under your tree in the basket. :)

Eat To Live said...

Hahahaha..... It doesn't get any better. I gave my college age Grandkids a stocking full of presents that they could open... ONE Each night.
Do you know those little brats (thats what I told them they were) opened all of them all at once.
Then they called and told me they couldn't resist.

An Apel a Day said...

I got a few Christmas books and a Peanuts holiday DVD series at Borders going out of business sale. I was thinking, "Do I give them to them now, or wait?" Still not sure.

Charlotte (Life's a Charm!) said...

I don't think that will work in my home. If Matthew knew the gifts are for him, he wouldn't stop asking to open them all, until I'd give in. But I really think, this is a good idea, I have been contemplating on doing a count-down to Christmas thing or an Advent activity, like that, books and treats, but ... like I mention, ... I give in.

Faith said...

what a sweet treat! i love this idea and the thought of opening a new gift every night before Christmas.

Anonymous said...

That's an awesome idea. We need some Christmas books around the house, well besides the ones borrowed from the library, can you believe they are only allowed out for 1 week.
I have all our Christmas presents packed away in a closet. I just need to wrap them, but I can't put them under the tree till Christmas Eve when the kids are asleep cause they will tear them open if they see them, lol.