Thursday, December 15, 2011

Today I Made a Little Christmas Bucket List.

I feel kind of like a lame mommy. 

I've been focusing on Christmas cards, advent calendars, handmade gifts of all sorts, cleaning, laundry and my ever growing, tired body. 

The girls have kind of been put on the back burner.  Aside from the nightly Christmas book we read and the occasional festive cookies I make, we haven't done anything fun and Christmas-y together. 

So - I've decided to make a little, no-pressure Christmas bucket list.  Things I'd like to do but won't kick myself over if they don't pan out. 


- Drive around a local neighbor with hot cocoa and enjoy all the home light displays.



- Take Ash Christmas shopping for Britt.



- Go up to the snow and sled for as long as the girls want.

(found on pinterest)


- Make a gingerbread house.



- Go caroling with my family.



- Pray for snow.



- Paint with Christmas cookie cutters.



- Play a Christmas memory car game.


- Make and play with Christmas play doh.



- Make these Christmas cookies



- Print, color, and put together a nativity.

(source)

- Make marshmallow snowmen.



9 comments:

Eat To Live said...

I like all your ideas. When I was a kid (many moons ago) my Mom and Dad would take us around in the car to see all the lights. We didn't have the hot chocolate though.

mun said...

Such a fun list! Hope you get to do all of them!

SZM said...

Great ideas....I especially love the marshmallow snowmen!

Emily Peck said...

I love all of these things! That 2nd picture of the shops and all the snow made my WEEK. I LOVE THAT!!!! Thanks for sharing. :)

Anonymous said...

That's a great list. I would love to see some lights.

Anonymous said...

That is such a great list! I might have to add a few... Such fun!

Liz Mays said...

You make me want to come over and hang out with you. You do so many fun things!

And we always take big mugs of hot cocoa on Christmas Eve and drive around to see lights!

An Apel a Day said...

I have a Christmas Bucket list to!

Faith said...

what a fun neat list! i would be so happy to do those things now so i can just imagine how much fun your girls are going to have! i am determined to have a Christmas bucket list next year since i didn't get around to one this year!