Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Today I Caroled with a VERY Grouchy Baby.

It was a super busy day.  I had an appointment with my midwife.  Just a short tangent here.  I chose midwives who deliver at the hospital so I can have an epidural and because I've had pregnancy induced hypertension with the first two pregnancies and need to be monitored.  Ok, tangent over.

So, I left my kids with a friend and it was awesome because my girls looooove going to her house and it was their first time being watched by a non-family member.  Though, this friend might as well be a family member since we've known her so long and so well.  So, maybe it doesn't really count....

Anyways, the appointment went well.  My blood pressure is good and the baby's is head down and in position.  Yay!  The midwife helped me to feel the baby's head and it felt HUGE to me.  Now I'm a bit nervous.  The midwife said it was not overly large at all, but seriously guys, it felt wide!  And big heads lead to big owies and longer recovery periods.  Not a fan.

Snack time
(snack time!)

I ran up to the maternity clothes store, after my appointment, to get a couple things and got stuck in crazy, insane holiday traffic.  At noon!!!  **growl**  So it took me several hours to get home.  I picked up the girls and we hung out, had a snack, and watched The Snowman.  Then we picked up Tony, went back home for a quick dinner and then out again for an hour of caroling with my family.  Ash looooooooved it.  Britt howled the whole time.  She was good while we were out of the car and singing (thankfully!), but screamed and protested every minute in the car.  I seriously wanted to pull my ears off.

Needless to say, we didn't stay out as long as we wanted and I'm glad it's bedtime for babies now.  Whew!

P.S.  The book advent is going sooooo well.  Ash is having a blast with it.  Britt couldn't care less, but that's ok.  She's still pretty young.

4 comments:

Eat To Live said...

Glad to hear all is going well with your pregnancy. Good news takes a load off your mind.

Your two girls look so mucy alike in the picture... they have the same nose. Very cute!!

Amy said...

So glad everything's going well with baby!

That movie, the Snowman, has the song "walking in the air" on it, right? That song is my theme song for when I went to England. 5 years ago. I know, I'm obsessed. But we listened to that song while on the trip and it makes me think of England more than Christmas. I love it!!

AudreyO said...

I have two girls and both times had on call doctors deliver them. Not very "personal". At least their dad was there both times :)

An Apel a Day said...

I'm pretty sure that babies head feels big. They probably all do. It's just great that her head is down. No summer salts for her! ;)

I love that you were able to carol with your family. Our Daddy would never go caroling. I sent him a Portable Santa message about how he needs to lighten up and have fun during the holidays.