Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Today I've Decided To Let the Cup Training Commence.

Ash is almost two.  She drinks out of the two bottles she gets a day (one at naptime and one at bedtime) and the straw sippy cups at all other times.  She has always been completely and totally unable to grasp the idea of lifting her arms to get the liquid out of a cup or normal sippy cup.  She expects me (or whoever else is playing servant to her princess at the time) to hold her sippy cup for her if it's not the straw kind.  But I'm getting sooooooooooo tired of cleaning out all those yucky straw parts, ya know?  And I'm thinking that it's time to get rid of the bottles.

Inspection.


She's not grouchy.  Just makin' a scowly face for the camera.


Cheese!  See?  That's as far up as she will lift her arms. 

So, it's going to take some very involved cup training on my part.  She isn't an easy study with this.  She gets frustrated and gives up easily because she doesn't want to lift her noodle arms.  Wish me luck!  So far she's made a mess and I had to hold her arms up for her.  Hey!  At least I wasn't holding the cup for her!

6 comments:

MommyMert said...

Something that helped at our house was to try different types of sippies to see what kind they liked. My FAVORITE is the Nalgene sippy. Not a great FIRST sippy, but after they get it down its great. I dont think I have ever had one spill from them. Plus they are BPA free. :) Perhaps you can let Ash pick out the sippy?? Maybe she will be more inclined to drink from it if she picks them. Good Luck!

Thalita Dol said...

I have the same problem here with the sippycups... Lilla won't lift it either. =S
I just bought a straw cup and realized hou yucky it gets with the milk inside the tiny parts...

Hope Ash learn soon!!

Hugs from Brazil!

Unknown said...

Good luck. My little girl had noodle arms too, but she realized pretty quick that if she didn't want to be thirsty, she had to lift it herself.

Anonymous said...

My daughter would never lift it either so I decided to go straight to the sippy cups with straws (I bought the Munchkin brand) and she learned with those at around 10 months. Now that she's 2 she can drink out of a straw with ease and no longer needs a sippy. Just a suggestion! :)

Heather O'Steen Photography said...

She is sooo cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog!! :)

An Apel a Day said...

She's super cute! I felt like the hardest thing to do was to get rid of the sippy lid! I had milk drops on my wood floor when I took away their lids.