One thing I realized (again!) as I was taking many a scenic route, is that Seattle is a neat, beautiful, bustling, happening place!
So - I thought, hey! Why not share some of my favorite things about the Seattle/Tacoma area? These are not in any particular order of favoritism or importance.
2. Washington State Ferries. I ride ferries often. They got to sooooo many awesome places! I'm going to list some of these destinations that I recommend. The Mukilteo ferry that goes to Whidbey Island, San Juan Islands, Vashon Island, and Port Townsend. I've seen lots of fun water animals (like orcas and otters) while riding the ferry.
3. Pike Place Market. Yummy food, arts & crafts, FISH, and interesting street entertainers. It's generally pretty crowded. I love the fish thrower guys and the gorgeous, cheap flower bouquets
(I took this during the Christmas season of 2009)
4. Point Defiance Park. So much to do here! The zoo and aquarium and Fort Nisqually are my first picks, but the lumber train is really enjoyable too.
5. Tillicum Village. PRICEY! I've only been once, but it was sooooooooooooo cool! The Argosy cruise ride out to Blake Island, the salmon dinner and the amazing and talented Native American dancers.
6. Seattle Center. So much to do. One could spend all day (and all ones money too) here! Too much to describe. I'll just provide you with the links and urge you to add it to the Seattle Bucket List. The Childrens Museum. IMAX Theater. Pacific Science Center. Seattle Laser Dome.
(Ash, last year, watching the fountain the the Seattle Center)
7. La Rustica. My absolute favorite place to eat. Linguine de Mare is....the best. I really can't come up with a word that describes it well enough. Pretty special place to my husband and me. Tiny little restaurant in West Seattle, near Alki Beach.
8. Seattle Waterfront. I love the Seattle Aquarium. It's been niiiiiiiiicely updated with lots to see and do. Ye Olde Curiosity Shop is a must see with the shrunken heads and mummies, to name a few of the bizarre displays housed there.