Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Today I Continued To Think Back On The 80s.

Some of you reminded me of some great toys/cartoons from the 80s so of course I've gotta give them a little place on my blog too!

Cabbage Patch Kids!  I had several and my brother, Matt, had some of the boy dolls.  My favorite was my preemie baby though.  It had the cutest belly button of all and an adorable, wrinkly, little butt.  And my parents refused to let me collect Garbage Pail Kids cards.  I did pout.

Great TV show.  Sometimes I still get the theme song stuck in my head.

I loved watching Muppet Babies.  They're so funny and cute.  I had a little, stuffed, baby Miss Piggy.  I really liked her silky purple gloves.

My brother, Matt, and I got some Potato Head Kids in our stockings one year for Christmas.  They were a lot of fun.

Rainbow Brite.  I never did watch much of this cartoon and never owed any of the toys either.  But I enjoyed going over to one particular  friend's house and playing with her Rainbow Brite dolls.

(I took this pic of one page in a book I own)
Rose Petal Place.  I just adored that cartoon and I wished and wished and wished for the dolls but never received any (never mind that I was swimming in all sorts of other toys anyways).  Such pretty dolls.

Did you have one of these?  My sister and I each got one for Christmas one year.  Remember that, Kara?  These are fetching a nice chunk of change on Ebay these days!

Soft Sweetness.  I just loved the few Pound Puppies that I had as a kid.  I still have one.  Well, it's Ash's now.  :)

This one's for my brother.  Yeah, Matt.  He, Kara, and myself are the only kids my parents had that truly enjoyed  the awesome 80s.  Anyways, Matt had a My Pet Monster.  I secretly loved and coveted it.  So ugly it's cute.  I keep thinking that I'm going to get on Ebay and buy one for his birthday. 


I hearted the Wuzzles.  Especially Bumblelion!  Such a fun cartoon!
Matt and I watched "Ewoks The Battle for Endor" sooooooooooooo many times!  I wanted to be Cindel and Wicket is just so stinkin' cute!  Actually, I think we played Ewoks a lot and I was Cindel and Matt was Wicket.  Kara was Teek.  Kara acted like Teak without trying.  Mom used to call her Teek.  :)  Actually, I still love this movie.  Why don't I own it?

There are so many!  I can't end without mentioning Punky Brewster, Moondreamers, The Cosby show, Popples, My Buddy, Alf, Thundercats, Care Bears, Macgyver (I watched it with my dad), Small Wonder, Lite Brite, Maple Town, The Dark Crystal, The Jetsons, Full House.  Is this a walk down memory lane, or what? 

One of these days I'll have to go through all my old pics and see what cute toys from the 80s made it into a photo.  Wouldn't that be fun?

2 comments:

Lelan @ Good Gravy! said...

Oh, THIS really brought me back! I had forgotten about My Pet Monster. Loved those!

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

The memories, I love reminiscing. I did a similar post some time back. I enjoy going through my old things and showing Aiyana. It is amazing what the stuff sells for on Ebay. Everyone wants a piece of their childhood back and some are willing to pay a lot of money for it. I don't think I will be selling any of my stuff, but then again, what are they selling for?...lol