Thursday, July 28, 2011

Today I Looked at Animals.

We went to the zoo.  It was the first time I've ever seen Ash be interested in the animals there.  Today was also her first time ever finishing an entire hamburger (Wendy's).  She also had her first taste of Jelly Belly beans (Britt did too).  I dressed the girls up sooooo cute in new clothes that I'd completely forgotten about.  I bought them months ago thinking I'd use them for pictures around Father's Day.  Obviously never happened.  Then I proceeded to remember the camera after I'd already left the house and was rushing to catch the ferry.  I convinced Tony to take pics with his camera but he didn't take many and these were the only two that turned out.  Ash is NOT posing, though it looks like she is.  It was a lovely 78 degrees today and I kept my sunglasses on and my water bottle tipped so no headaches!  YAY! 

Ash at the Zoo
(ash had just climbed through a log at the zoo playground)

Britt had her first taste of water park.  They have a very small section at the playground in the zoo where water shoots out of the ground randomly.  Well, I think it was random.  The kids that were playing there were jumping up and down so maybe that helped trigger something.  Anyways.  Britt watched the kids for a bit and then decided she was going to run around, jumping up and down too.  I took her shoes off and watched to see how she felt about the water.  Note:  she's not a fan of the sprinkler at home.  The first jet of water came up right in front of her.  She watched it until it stopped and then hop-stepped right over (and on top of) a bigger nozzle.  This time the spray shot up and got her right on the side of her head.  She was super surprised and didn't know what to do for a few seconds, before high tailing it out of there.  I laughed myself silly. 

Britt at the zoo
(britt, sitting in a hippo at the zoo playground. some dad, whom she ran past, commented that she looks like snow white. i thought he was odd until i pulled up this pic. now i can totally see it. haha!)

It was fun.  We saw just about everything and luckily saved the playground for last.  Both the girls threw major tantrums when we finally scooped them up and put them in their stroller.  Britt quickly decided to drink her water bottle, but Ash kept right on howling.  I asked her if she wanted to go to the car or go find some more animals, also letting her know that if she wanted to see more animals she would have to stop crying.  Tony was highly disappointed when she immediately stopped her tantrum and said she wanted to see more animals, because then we had to walk over to see the sharks (he was hot and tired and wanted to leave).  Haha!  So, we watched the sharks for a few minutes and then went to the car.  :)

Boy!  I am outta shape!  You wouldn't believe all the huffing and puffing I was doing just walking all over the zoo.  I need to make myself walk everyday.  It's just so booooooring!

Oh, and I realized today that I never clarified, for you guys, that my original guess at my baby's due date was wrong because I forgot that they count from the first day of your last period (when you're actually not pregnant, which doesn't make any sense).  Shortly after writing that I got online and typed in my conception date and whatnot and it came up with January 20th.  Which is my actual due date, which the ultra sound confirmed.   :)  So, first I was wrong.  Then I was right.  Does that make sense?

8 comments:

An Apel a Day said...

I love the water shooting up tid bit. I would have laughed to!

Your girls look so cute in their newish outfits!

The date thing always seem confusing to me as well! I'm not a number person anyhow, so really confusing! With Isaak it seemed really weird, I felt pregnant a month before I was. Tender breasts, I just felt pregnant. I just knew I was. I took a test and it showed up negative. Odd! Then a month later I was prego.

Liz Mays said...

Yep, I can see the Snow White thing, and I would have lost it when she was shot by the water too! So funny!

It sounds like a super fun day out there, and sorry you were a little winded from all that walking!

KBoo said...

Hahaha! I TOTALLY thought Snow White when I saw that picture. Cuuuuute girlies you have, my kiddos ADORE them through cyberspace, lol.

SZM said...

What beautiful little girls! And I am jealous of 78 degrees. Blistering heat here! I love your Anne of Green Gables quote! I am a huge Anne fan!

Tina Michelle said...

Your little girls are so adorable. the zoo sounds fun. Congrats on your pregnancy. I love their outfits.

mun said...

Your girls are really so pretty and cute!

Faith said...

your girls are beautiful! i can so see the Snow White comparison, haha.

that IS odd that they take it from the day of your last period, hmmm ... i didn't even know this until just now, haha.

Vicky said...

So cute.
And you are allowed to huff and puff. It not because you are out of shape, you are pregnant in the summertime with 2 littles ones to run after. x