Saturday, March 26, 2011

Today I Brought Britt Home From the Hospital.


View from the bottom of Space Needle.

Yesterday Hubster and I took Ash and Britt to Seattle again.  This time we went to the Pacific Science Center where we saw dinosaurs, played with planets, hung out in the butterfly house, and watched Lewis, Clark and Sacajawea on IMAX.  It was fun.  We spent way more time there than we meant to, which caused us to miss the Seattle Aquarium (which I highly recommend). 


View of Downtown Seattle from the top of the Space Needle.


We did go up to the top of the Space Needle.  


View of the harbor from the top of the Space Needle.


On the outside of the Space Needle, where one can walk around and take spectacular pictures, the inner wall isn't straight up and down it comes out in a soft point. Well, not totally soft. It IS metal. Tony was holding Britt and standing right next to that point. Britt decided do her normal head banging (to the tune that only she can hear) and she smacked her lower left eye socket right on that metal. She screamed for a really long time and a bruise showed up right away. 5 minutes later she started vomiting. And wouldn't stop. We took her to Swedish ER and they gave her baby Valium because she had to have a ct scan (which showed that she had no fracturing), but because she wouldn't stop throwing up, they decided to keep her overnight and said she was suffering from a concussion. She had a major headache last night but once she got some Tylenol and a bed, she settled down. We're all home now and have to make sure she doesn't bump her head again for 2 weeks! Wish I could just cover her in bubble wrap for that time.

Britt in the ER
Poor Britt right after getting checked in at the ER, before they started poking and pesting her.

It certainly hasn't been the staycation that I planned and imagined, but I'm just so grateful Britt is ok and that we're all together. 

Britt in Hospital Crib
This morning, feeling better and poking her head over the top of the cage they call a crib.

14 comments:

Katie Olthoff said...

Poor baby! How scary! I'm glad she is alright! I think bubble wrap is a GREAT idea!

Charlotte (Life's a Charm!) said...

"I'm just so grateful Britt is ok and that we're all together."
I second, but what an eventful staycation nonetheless!

Myrnie said...

Oh, poor Britt!! :(

Saimi said...

"Britt decided to do her normal head banging to only a tune she can hear." Sorry but that made me laugh. I'm glad she's ok and you were able to have some staycation time!! Looks like the weather was in your favor as well!

Charmaine Poulin said...

Oh gosh!!!!! So glad that she's ok!!!! That must've been so scary!

KBoo said...

Aw, poor little Britt! Hope everything turns out okay. :(

Amy said...

I'm so glad she's ok! You've heard me say this before but I HATE hospitals! It's not the shots or the pokes and prods... it's just being there. Don't. Like. It.

Rachel said...

Ahh! That is so scary. There is nothing worse than having a hurt/sick child. I hope she feels better and doesn't bang her poor little head again!

Vicky said...

Poor Britt. And it sounded like you were having such a great time beforehand. glad she is alright though and fingers crossed that she doesn't bump herself again too soon. x.

An Apel a Day said...

I'm so glad she's ok! What a scare! Certainly not the time off with your husband you had planned.

You are right, those so call cribs look like a cage or a jail cell. I'm all too familiar with them! I had 2 very sick babies.

Elizabeth said...

You must be so relieved that Britt is back home and doing well. You must have been at your wits end while all of that was happening. Hopefully, no more head bumps any time soon!

Your pictures of Seattle are gorgeous. You should go into business as a pro photographer! When I was living in Port Angeles for 18 when I was young I so wanted to go up in the Space Needle in Seattle, but it never happened. However, thanks to your photos, I feel like I finally have. Thank you!

Don't miss my Giveaway - it ends tomorrow. Here is the link: http://homemusings.blogspot.com/2011/03/happy-spring.html

Have a great one!

LunaMoonbeam said...

Oh, poor thing!!!!!!!!! That must have been so scary for you. ;-( Glad she's doing better!!!

Redbabe said...

OMG...... hope she feeling better soon. Sounds like a really bad one yeah (the later post confirmed indeed it is from the bruises). you guys must have been terrified. :( Thank God there is no serious damages. You know wat, i think you should really consider bubble packs.

CK said...

Oh my goodness! How yucky! I hate the hospital with kids! I am so glad she is OK. What a crazy thing to happen!