Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Today I Went to Seattle! Yay!

I guess sleeping all day yesterday did it for Hubster.  He woke up today feeling much better and now has only a cough - which has left him with no voice.  It was pretty funny to have to climb over him to order at the drive-thru (he was driving, but can't talk). 

So we purchased our CityPASSes and used two of the tickets today.  We went to the Woodland Park Zoo & we went on an Argosy Harbor Cruise.  Then we took a short walk around Alki Beach before heading home.

Just to warn you, loooooots of pictures to follow.

We figured out why this particular zoo is Woodland Park Zoo instead of Woodland Zoo Park.  It is much more wood and park than zoo!  The animals are quite lucky to have such large habitats and to be so spread out, but it makes for much walking and binoculars would have been handy.  It was fun to see the animals that we did see, but I think we'll stick with the Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium from now on.  I apologize for the pixely pictures.  My camera doesn't zoom very well.

Giraffe


Komodo Dragon


Meerkats


Beautiful Britt
Beautiful Britt

Penguins


Silverback Gorilla


Zebra

Mommy & Britt Britt
Mommy & Britt Britt

We saw many exciting animals, Ash fell down and scraped her hands, someone gave us their parking spot for free, Britt fell down and scraped her knee, we walked a lot and now I'm tired, we stayed so long we almost missed our cruise!  OH, and it was blue skies and 65 degrees today!!!

Daddy & Britt Britt
The lighting on this picture was weird, so I changed it into a pencil drawing.

Dock
I snapped this as we pulled away from the dock.

Fixin' a Ferry
We were able to see a ferry being worked on.  Pretty neat.

Happy Little Cruiser
Ash loved going up and down the stairs.

Rice Drink Drinkers
Rice drink break.

Seattle from the boat
View from the top of the boat.

Smiles for the Cruise
Me, smiling from the top of the boat, with my hair being crazy (as usual).

Space Needle
Another pic of the Space Needle.

After we got off the boat, we grabbed some dinner and then headed to Alki Beach in West Seattle.  It's one of our favorite spots!

Daddy & Ash Walkin' to the Beach
Daddy & Ash walkin' down to the beach.

Alki's Liberty
Alki's replica of Lady Liberty.

Colored Beachcombers
On our way to the stairs so we can get down to the beach.

Sepia Beachcombers
I love this picture because it represents my life exactly right now.  Ash is always charging ahead, looking for the next adventure.  Britt, on the other hand is a bit of a rubber necker - constantly stopping to smell the roses.  I swear she she's every, little speck!  So, I'm being pulled in both directions on a daily basis.  Hahahaha!  In this case, Ash was on her way to the beach, while Britt really wanted to pet the little dog that had just passed us.  **shaking my head**

Rock Throwing Collage
Ash could throw rocks for hours.

Windblown Britt
Babycakes.
We sure love our little girls!


That's it!  I know it's a lot of pictures, but believe it or not, this is just a small percentage of what we took.  I couldn't par it down any more than this!  :)

11 comments:

Faith said...

ahhh, i love the zoo but haven't gone in a while! beautiful animals in that zoo! looks like an amazing time! glad that hubs is feeling better!

Vicky said...

I love the way you slipped a photo of Britt in amongst the animals. x.

I've also nominated you for a Kreativ blogger award.

KBoo said...

Wow, gorgeous pictures! I'd be tempted to check out that zoo whenever we come to visit. Haven't been since I was little. Looked like you all had fun! :)

Myrnie said...

So fun! We haven't gone in ages :)

Amy said...

Soooo fun! 65 degrees is my ideal. Glad you guys got to go and that hubby was feeling better! Hooray!

Milk and Honey Mommy said...

Jamie,

You got some great pictures. My kids have been reminding me that we are overdue for a trip to the zoo this year. I'm waiting for the weather to get a little warmer. I also like blue skies and 65 degree weather.

Elizabeth said...

What a wonderful place for the animals. I bet you had a great time, except for those bumps and scratches. What a smart idea to have a staycation!

Redbabe said...

The photos were awesome! NICE!

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics. I'll be going to the zoo really soon.

An Apel a Day said...

Very cool pictures! I like the one where Ash is ahead and Britt is behind. I like it because I can relate.

Faith said...

i just love the pictures! you have a beautiful family!