Thursday, March 3, 2011

Today I Got My Hands Dirty.

I was inspired by Myrnie's post about her garden starts.  So when the sun broke out for 3 hours this afternoon, I grabbed most of my siblings and we went outside to start preparing the garden beds for planting. 

(stock photo)

Oh my goodness!  I am soooooooooo out of shape!  3 hours of digging, raking, pulling, and shoveling was a bit much.  And now my hands are full of splinters.  But we've got three raised beds ready.  Leaving us with 5 more.  It wouldn't have been so bad except the beds were full of grass.  Grass is the worst!

Gonna go buy seeds tomorrow. 


And some gardening gloves.

(stock photo)

8 comments:

LunaMoonbeam said...

Oh, too funny...that's what I did today! I went out yesterday, during the HAIL in the afternoon, to try and trim an out of control wisteria and spread my homemade compost on my two garden beds. This morning, while it was sunny, I finished trimming the wisteria and planted my package of peas. Woohoo!! Now, all I need to do is pick up the GOBS of leaves and trimmed branches that are COVERING my backyard. Ugh. haha

Faith said...

oooh how fun! except for the splinters! those are the worst! i can't wait to start that in spring! :)

Redbabe said...

Very hardworking :)

Myrnie said...

Look at you go! I'm hoping that the baby will nap long enough during a few "dry" hours today to get peas and spinach planted :)

Meg said...

oh goodness, this makes me ache for spring!

Charlotte (Life's a Charm!) said...

I'm never, never motivated to do garden or outdoor chores! Needs to change that though cause our immediate outdoors looks pathetic.

Vicky said...

I spent today in the garden aswell.
I was tired before I started and I think I will be falling asleep before bedtime tonight. x.

Stephanie Faris said...

I've never been very good at landscaping types of stuff. I definitely admire people who do.