Monday, July 5, 2010

Today I Relaxed With My Family.

My husband had the day off today.  It has really been a nice, low-key weekend!  We spent most of it chillin' at home and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. 

On Saturday we hung out in the house and then went to a Fourth of July dinner party with fireworks.  Ash got her first tast of sparklers.  She was fascinated.  She also made the mistake of touching the hot end after it was spent.  Poor baby.  We went home after that.  :)


Sunday we went to church, then naps, then dinner at my parents' house.  I tried to make these awesome meringues.  But they were a total flop.  I think I simply didn't beat the eggs long enough.  I was rather dejected over my failure.  Then I checked my e-mail and my mother had sent a link to an inspiring video that helped my get over it.  If any mothers out there reading this need a little boost and thumbs up about the job there are doing, go here.  We also did some little fireworks (mostly Pop-Its) with Ash out on the patio.  She laughed hysterically.  It was fun.
Today we didn't do much.  Hubster and I both got some exercise in.  He went running and I did a yoga dvd.  That was good.  We went for a little walk about town and went to Subway for lunch.  And best of all,  I haven't done a lick of housework.  Woo-hoo! 

Hope y'all had a great Independence Day weekend as well!!

2 comments:

polwig said...

I am sorry the meringues did not work out. I know I beat mine to little too that is why they looked more like droppings :) then stiff egg whites. I think everyone is too scared of over beating which is not that easy. I know I was.

Heather said...

Great picture! What a cutie.