Friday, July 16, 2010

Today I Went To Strawberry Festival.

Every year our town has a Strawberry Festival because there used to be a lot of strawberry fields/farms here.  At this point none of them are left (sad), it's an annual tradition now.  The main days are tomorrow and Sunday, but tonight the carnival was open for business so we took the girls and Ash's fave auntie (my sister Rachel). 

First, Ash and I went down the big slide.  Fun stuff. 



Here's a close-up. I'm the only one smiling but I know she really liked it because she wanted to go right back up and do it again when we got to the bottom.  Daddy took her down one more time right before we left.



Next up were the four wheelers.  She liked this but it was rather fast and some of the time she looked a little overwhelmed.  Hahaha!  Look at her face!  She's totally thinking, "Whoa, Nelly!"



Then the planes.  Ash loves airplanes and points them out EVERY time she sees one in the air.  Look at Rach trying to hide from the camera. Silly girl.  Ash liked this ride. 



Until it started.  It was too much for her.  Sorry babe.




Then Hubby and my sis went on the umbrellas.  I loved this one when I was a kid, but the last time I rode one, I got kinda sick.  So, I passed.  :)



So, the girls and I just chilled for a bit.  Like the stroller?  It's a boat and I adooooooore it!



Britt was exceedingly displeased about not being able to enjoy any rides.  Poor pretty.  Just a couple more years to go!















It was a fun evening and we've got a whole 'nother day of Festival ahead of us.  We'll probably go out for the kids parade, peruse the arts and crafts vendors, and get some yummy strawberry shortcake!  Can't wait!

2 comments:

Marty and Jenny said...

I love these pictures! They capture the carnival beautifully and the fun time I can seethat Ashlyn had. Almost makes me wish we were home to enjoy it. :(

Jenny Bolech said...

When I used to live in Tampa, FL I went to their strawberry festival just about every year - I couldn't get enough of that fresh strawberry shortcake! Yum!! I just love all the photos of your little girl - she is a doll!