Friday, February 25, 2011

Today I Had One of Those Moments That Make It All Worth It.

I used to take Ash into the shower with me all the time, when she was little.  I don't know why but I haven't done that as much with Britt.  Last time Britt was in the shower she enjoyed playing with the spray and the toys in the tub.  Obviously it had been too long since her last shower because she starting freaking out as soon as we stepped in.  I couldn't put her down, so I sat in the tub, angled so that the warm spray hit both of us.  I sat her in my lap, belly to belly with legs on either side of me and she just laid her head on my chest while I washed my hair.  I cuddled her for a while and we just relaxed under the warm water.   After a little bit I realized that Britt had completely fallen asleep!  **laugh**  It was so nice, calming, and balmy - she just closed her eyes and slept.  I pulled her back and just looked at her, all peaceful and sweet.  I didn't want to wake her up but we did have to get out eventually. 

I'm glad we could have that little, special time together this afternoon.  She was a little beastess for the most of the afternoon.  :)

Happy New Year Baby
(my showering sleeping beauty.  pic taken 1.1.11)

7 comments:

Myrnie said...

Aww... :)

Anonymous said...

Aww so sweet

Katie Olthoff said...

What a sweet post/experience! I love those moments. Need one right about now!

Rachel said...

That is one of the sweetest/cutest things that Scott and I have heard in a long time. Don't you love moments like that? They make being a parent so worth it!

Charlotte (Life's a Charm!) said...

She found comfort and fell asleep! Awww ... I so love great moments like that!

An Apel a Day said...

That is really sweet! I take showers with Isaak, but Mica's now fully aware of his body parts. I had to stop showering with him. I kind of miss it because it was just so easy jumping in and bathing us both at once.

Redbabe said...

I am feeling all warm and fuzzy. So sweet.