Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Today I Edited Pictures.

I edit pics almost everyday.  But these are pictures that my mom wanted fixed up so she can print and frame them.  I thought I'd share some before and afters.  Let me know what you think.  Be honest - I won't be offended.  Did I improve them?  Make them worse?  More or less interesting?  Just keep in mind that I am very amateur - at best.

Before
After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before
After

Before

After

 
Admittedly, several of these photos were awesome to begin with.  It's hard to improve upon something that already looks great. 

Oh, and you have now seen all of my siblings.  Well, except for the ones that done live with my parents anymore.  And the one who is on a mission in New York, though I did talk about him before and posted his pic then. 
On a side note, but still completely related, can anyone tell me how to disable the ability to copy and paste photos off my blog?

11 comments:

CK said...

They totally look great! I wonder how you did that cool blurry effect in the first one? And I love that picture of your little sister? with the doll! How cute! That last one is really cool. Great effect!

Amy said...

Oh my heck, I love these!! You most certainly did a fantastic job. Magazine worthy. Seriously. Those beautiful children are so photogenic! Lucky.

How do you make the pics look so antique-y and the colors so muted and pretty?

An Apel a Day said...

I like the first one a lot! Will the lady who got burred out get offended?

The last on is great too! You brought much more life to her!

Charlotte (Life's a Charm!) said...

actually i was laughing when i saw you blur yourself out of the picture! that was unexpected...
you did great editing the photos! not too much... just right, and you actually established the focus of the photo.

as for your blog question, actually there is a way to prevent visitors from copying your photos from YOUR SITE, but that way doesn't prevent them from finding the actual location of your photos where they can copy them from, or prevent them from copying your photos from a feed reader.

Gabby Malcuit said...

I think they're great!

Redbabe said...

sorry to say this, but i think a majority of it looks better unedited. :(

Vicky said...

I think you've done a great job at the editing, especially love the vintage feel ones.

Vicky said...

Although the first one where you've blurred yourself out, does look like you're making a rude gesture in the blurry background. lol.

KBoo said...

I think they look great, I laughed at the first picture. That's so you. Lol.

LunaMoonbeam said...

I love the one of the little girl next to the window!

Also, a friend put together this post on protecting images...http://bloggityphotography.blogspot.com/2011/01/protecting-your-images.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+SomethingDoneWrite-AllFeeds+(Something+Done+Write+-+All+Feeds)

Mrs. K said...

You have a gorgeous family.:)