Monday, January 9, 2012

Today I Completed My Latest Sewing Project.

Here she is!


Ever heard of Wee Wonderfuls by Hillary Lang?  Well, I purchased this book earlier last year and just barely decided to have a go at making something out of it. 



I chose to do the Tag-A-Long doll.  She was fairly simple and easy to make.  The part that totally kicked my butt was the dress.  Oh, how I loathe that little dress now!  I think I picked it apart 5 times, at least.  The original problem is that I put the arms on the doll a bit too high to work with the pattern for the dress.  So, I decided to make up my own pillowcase-type dress and I kept doing it wrong in one way or another. 



It's all good, though, right?  It's a learning process and it looks fine now.  I'm looking forward to making more of Hillary Lang's doll.  If you want to try out one of her patterns without buying the book, she's got some freebies on her website here.  Cute stuff. 



Are you working on anything fun right now?

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Great job! She is adorable! I think her dress is super cute, too!

Eat To Live said...

Oh how cute! You did a really good job on her.

The only thing I am working on right now is these Christmas tree boxes for next Christmas. I bought these wine bottle holders that are shaped like a Christmas tree, with felt, stuffing and they also had buttons on them. I thought they were so plain that I am decorating them. They are turning out really cute but are a lot of work.

MommyMert said...

I love the Wee dolls... so so cute. You did a good job. I want to find a Valentines Day project... Not sure what to do. Better head over to Pinterest, and Martha Stewart. ;)

Amy said...

Oh she's perfect for a little girl!! SO cute! I'd love to try one of those freebies.

mun said...

You are really so talented! The doll is so beautifully made. Which doll is next? The mermaid (shown on the book cover)?

Anonymous said...

You did an awesome job.

Myrnie said...

I love Hillary's dolls! They take SOOO much patience though, bravo!

Milk and Honey Mommy said...

Jamie,

She's cute. Ah, which daughter gets the doll?

I am starting a sewing project next month w/the hope of finishing one item each month through summer. I have too many fabric piles that need to be made into something.

Emily Peck said...

This dolly is completely adorable! I love the wee wonderfuls book! Great job!!!

Vicky said...

Great job, she looks amazing. I have that book but haven't made anything yet.