Thursday, January 12, 2012

Today I Vacuumed a Lump Off of My Bump.

I was sitting on the floor, cleaning and vacuuming in my bedroom (nesting?  maybe, not sure).  I had made great progress and the girls were being really good, entertaining themselves with books on my bed.  I was clearing out my husband's side of the bed and the foot of our bed.  Kind of a no-man's land that I really like to avoid.  Most of it was clothes so now the hamper is stuffed.  In the middle of this clean, I saw some movement out of the corner of my eye.  I looked down and crawling across my baby bump was something that looked a lot like this (only darker):


(source.  and based on what i've read about them, they can give quite the nasty bite!)

Needless to say, I let out a loud whoop and promptly sucked it up with the vacuum hose I was holding (thank heavens for that!).  Ash then asked "What happened?"  I totally lied and said, "I hurt myself."  She said, "Oh" and went back to reading her book.  And if you remember reading my last spider posts (and here), then you know why I fibbed about it.


I promptly resumed my cleaning on my feet (which totally hurts my back) but didn't see anymore bugs.  Such a random happening.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Dude! I am such an arachnophobe, that if I were you it would have sent me into labor for reals! So glad you had the vacuum handy!

Anonymous said...

I would've freaked out. I'm not a fan of bugs at all. That's so scary.

mun said...

I thought of little miss muffet and the spider when I read your post. Unfortunately for this spider, instead of you running away, you sent it to spider heaven.

Vicky said...

Well done for your quick thinking. I'd have just flapped around like an idiot!

SZM said...

Gahhhhh! Freaky!