Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Today I Thought About Blessings.

I have decided that something is out to get my poor little Britt’s left eye. AND that she is most seriously being watched over and protected. God must have something great in store for her vision because that eye has been preserved over and over again. This is her most recent scrape up.


Britt's Eye
(seriously, so lucky!  look how close it is to her eye and yet nothing on her eyelid.)

She tripped over an extension cord at the neighbors’ yesterday and landed on the sharp edge of their outlet box. And the week before that she slipped on a game at Mom’s house and caught the edge of the china cupboard with that same eye. She had a red, vertical welt for days. The week before that she stumbled in our bedroom and bruised her left eyebrow on our laundry hamper. And I’m sure most of you remember her concussion at the Space Needle almost a year ago. Same eye. The doctor was actually more concerned about fractures in her eye socket that could cause long term eye damage (the cat scan showed us that she was ok).

Black & Blue Eyed Baby Britt
(here's that pic I took after she got out the hospital for her concussion)

So, needless to say, I am counting my blessings right now.  The little pill bug, of whom I am referring to, is currently yelling "Mom" and "Yay!" at the top of her lungs (and yes, I'm ignoring her) even though she's in bed and was supposed to have been asleep 40 minutes ago.  But instead of feeling picked on because she doesn't go straight to sleep like she used to, I'm just grateful that she is healthy and whole (with a few minor scratches). 

7 comments:

Amy said...

Love you Jamie!!!!

I agree. That little girl has something important to do with her life! And she's super adorable to boot.

Eat To Live said...

Awww... poor little girl. She is so cute, even with her bumps and bruises.

An Apel a Day said...

Poor little eye! I'm glad she's alright!

mun said...

Ouch! the scratches look nasty. I'm glad that her eye is ok. Be safe!

Anonymous said...

Oh my. glad she is safe.

SZM said...

Oh my goodness! What a positive take you have!

SZM said...

Oh my goodness! What a positive take you have!