Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Today I Am Being Induced.

I had an appointment with my midwife today.  When I got there they said that because I am 41 weeks that they'd like to do a stress test and an ultrasound.  I, of course, had no issues with that.  Nor did I have a problem when she asked to check my cervix.  I'll never forget how surprised she sounded when she said, "You're 75% effaced and 4 cm dilated!"  Naturally, I then decided that since I rely on a ferry to get to the hospital that an induction makes a lot of sense.  So, here I sit, contractions slowly getting more intense, on a clear liquid diet (dumb), waiting until I'm in enough of a rhythm to get my epidural.  Hopefully I'll be posting baby pictures tomorrow!!!!!


(i look like i'm wearing a tent)



15 comments:

Rachel said...

Yay! Good luck! I hope everything goes smoothly. :)

Charmaine Poulin said...

Good luck to you!!!!!!

The Evans said...

Yay! Hope everything goes well.

Heidi said...

Hooray, hooray! So glad you were in the right place at the right time. No ferry rides during labor, please! So excited for you and your family Jamie, take care and Godspeed, friend!

Anonymous said...

So excited, you look so cute.

Amy said...

Best of luck! Can't wait to see your new little sweetie!

MommyMert said...

oh oh oh!!! so so so excited sitting here at my desk...

Eat To Live said...

You sure look like you could pop all by yourself. But anyway you can get the job done is GOOD! Can't wait to see the new baby pictures.

An Apel a Day said...

Tell them you want ice chips!!! Good luck!!! I thinking about your family. I can't wait to see baby number 3.

Saimi said...

Been thinking of you lately!! Good luck!

Myrnie said...

Yay!

organizam said...

I can't wait! Hope-Courage: Love! We're sending it from Eastern Europe
:)

AudreyO said...

Very excited...hoping all is well, can't wait to see the baby photos.

mun said...

Wow, you can still blog while being induced.

All the best!

Faith said...

good luck! thinking of you! praying that everything goes smoothly! so excited for you and your sweet family :)