Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Today I Threw Away a Shoe.

Cinderella's Shoe
(her answer to the question, "what do you have in your mouth?")

I am constantly finding this kid with small items in her mouth.  What the heck?!?  She'll be 2 in March and seems to be getting worse with it.  Ash never put anything in her mouth except the toys she was supposed to chew on.  It's really annoying because although I've had CPR training, I'd really rather not have to ever use it!

So, one by one all of the princess dolls are getting their shoes thrown in the garbage.  Along with the Kelly dolls and Strawberry Shortcake dolls.  If Britt keeps up this oral fixation with doll shoes for long, all of the dolls in this house will be bare foot.

And since I'm getting closer and closer to adding Baby #3 to the mix, just some updates.  I've got an appointment tomorrow and probably an exam.  Yesterday I had quite a bit of painful cramping, but today nothing more than random Braxton-Hicks type contractions.  I have finished washing and folding the baby clothes, so we are good to go there.  I think I'll pack my hospital bag tonight and then will have nothing to do but wait (riiiiiiight).  Hope my blood pressure continues to be low.  On Friday I'll be 38 weeks.  I keep feeling like it's gonna be soon.  I was worried about decreased fetal movement this morning, but I must have just had a sleepy baby because she's pretty active right now. 

10 comments:

An Apel a Day said...

Mica didn't put things in his mouth, but he has went up a licked things - weird! Isaak on the other hand put stuff in his mouth until he was 2 1/2 - Annoying! Travis wanted to get him a marble track for his 3rd birthday. I was a little nervous, but once the oral fixation stopped, it stopped.

I suppose you could have a box of small things, so it doesn't all get thrown away.

You are getting so close!!! Are you going to reveal the name, or nope? Keeping it on low key for blogging purposes? I can't wait to see if the lil' one looks like your other girls! Your girls now look totally like sisters. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. I always thought seeing them for the first time was the best surprise! Before that you just don't know what they look like.

Special 'K' said...

Yes toss them out! The Special One just swallowed a 5c piece. Yes you heard right. She was washing it. Apparently. All the best hope its a breeze. Can't wait for the news. Take Care, Cheers SpecialK XoXo

Myrnie said...

Isn't it normal for the baby to get a lot less active at the end, because there's so little space left? Then, as they drop, they get MORE active again, because they've got more room? Good luck, enjoy these last few weeks!

Eat To Live said...

Isn't it crazy that very soon your family is going to increase by one. That is so wonderful!!

Alissa is right, your girls look so much alike. So cute!!

Charlotte (Life's a Charm!) said...

Mark puts stuffs in his mouth too, that is why the little lego pieces are off limits from him. All he could play with so far are those big solid toys, without dangling pieces. Indeed, it is annoying when they put stuffs in their mouths. But I don't discourage it much, because he is a good food eater, better than picky-eating Matthew. I think, there is a relation in there ...

At 38 weeks, you are almost there! You must be very anxious, feeling really heavy, just want to get it over with, and really excited to see your new baby girl! I don't know if you know this, but there are techniques to naturally induce labor. They might help your labor come sooner and have a speedy labor.

I am SO excited for you! Good luck ...

Amy said...

At least she opened her mouth instead of running into the other room to finish eating her chew toy! :)

Good luck with new baby girl coming!

Liz Mays said...

Wow, I didn't realize you were quite that close to the time!

I'm glad she opened up her mouth right away to show you and didn't try to hide it so that she may have swallowed or choked on it accidentally!

AudreyO said...

I still put things in my mouth without even realizing it...pens, keys etc.

Anonymous said...

I hate when they love to put smalll items in their mouth.
Your almost there. Can't wait to see your new baby.

Vicky said...

Aren't children supposed to be in the "oral" phase until about the age of 2 (if I remember my Freud correctly), although if Freud is to be belived the next phase could get messy. lol.