Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Today I Figured Out What I'm Making for Valentine's Day.

Every year I wrack my brains for a cute idea that I can do over and over for my millions of siblings.  Ok, I'm exaggerating the number of siblings a bit.  but I just like what I make to at least be a cool valentine since it's not exactly tailored to each individual sibling.  We're talking mass production here.  Obviously, this isn't something I can mail to nieces and nephews (will come up with something different for them).  But this fab idea from Tonia of The Gunny Sack is my new favorite. 


How awesome is this?  A valentines balloon stuffed with things that scream, "I love you" and a note with handy toothpick attached!  My dad hates balloons but he'll love this because he won't have to go around popping all the kids' balloons after they've gone to bed.  Yes.  He has always done this.  As a kid, I'd go to bed being the proud owner of a beautiful balloon and wake up to discover it's demise.  Sad. 

Anyways, I know January has just barely started, which means I've got over a month to prepare valentines, but with new babies it's just best to get all the busy work done before their arrival.  Plus, it'll help take my mind off the fact that I haven't delivered yet.  :)  Nevermind that Ash and Britt already do a great job in that area.  Haha! 

What are your valentines ideas? 

7 comments:

Amy said...

Great idea! I don't really get into valentine's day much. Probably because my husband doesn't and I've learned not to expect anything.
Meh. No biggie.

Eat To Live said...

That is awesome!! Can't wait to see yours when you are finished. I like to get things started early too. I am already working on next Christmas.

Myrnie said...

haha- cute!

An Apel a Day said...

Cute!!!

I can't believe your Dad popped your balloons. So sad. :(

I had the boys make pudding paintings one year. It was vanilla pudding with red food coloring to make it pink.

Then I did a photo transfer on it of type saying, "I heart you!"

I scanned it and made lots of copies to send out to close family.

Faith said...

i love this! so cute!

i need to start doing some stuff for Valentine's day .. it is a big deal in our house since it is Hubs birthday and the date we started dating :)

mun said...

Same as Amy - valentine's day - no biggie. I don't think I dare to pop a balloon. Too loud for me to handle.

Faith said...

you've been tagged on my blog, my dear!